9.8.09

Family Vacation


I'm back! I got home a few hours ago, and the whole weekend I was thinking about what I was going to write about. So i wanted to start all the way back at the very beginning of my trip.On Thursday, we left the apartment around 1:30, and drove 7hours to Portsmouth(pronounced Portsmith) to my dad's girlfriends old
house(she still owns it, just doesn't live there anymore). For a late lunch, we ate at a strange place, called Sheetz which is a gas station and a restaurant. Crazy place! They have cold subs, hot subs, salads, everything and it doesn't take long to make. When my Dad told me that we where eating at a gas station I pictured eating at a Shell station or something. It was so good too. I had a toasted turkey sub with pickles and ranch(the southern bell in me)About 2hrs before getting to where we were staying, it beganto storm, b
ad. Lighting would strike and it would be like a camera flash and it would be light out. It actually looked pretty cool.The next day, we drove 45mins-an hour to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. I am the biggest chicken in the world when it comes to thrill rides, so my dad and I just rode the little rides, the tea cups, 4-D rides, stuff like that and watched my brother and my dad's gf go on the humongous you askingfor a heart attack rid
es. No thank you! Busch Gardens was suprizingly fun. And I can't wait to go back!(I'll upload the pictures I took soon)The following day, we went to Water Country USA which is the water park owned by
Busch Gardens. It was nice aswell, bad day though, for me atleast. I did work on my tan for the 5-6hrs we were there. And I didn't get tan really, I got pink. I rarely get sunburnt but my skin doesn't hurt, just the tops of my legs to, but besides that its fine. I'm just waiting for it to turn into a tan...But hopefully we can go back to Water Country USA this summer so I can enjoy myself. On the way back to the house, we got stuck in major traffic, we where stuck for about 2hrs. And I loved being stuck and listening to Great Balls of Fire on the radio and Dad, Julian and I singing to it. Later that night, we drove about 10mins to Red Robin. We don't have those where I live and I was some-what ex
cited, I had no idea what to expect. It was packed! We sat down at a booth by the window. I got the bacon cheeseburger with bleu cheese, lettuce, ketchup, and mustard. It was delish. And the steak fries where good too! And of course, I had about 4 Diet Cokes. That
night, we had the "Uno championship" and played 12 games of UNO. And my brother, being him was making us laugh so hard. I've never laughed so hard. Sometimes he's annoying, but sometimes he is the funniest person ever! I won one game, I think, maybe not even one...But the all time champ, was Nicole, my Dad's GF. The following day, we drove about 15mins to the Norfolk Mall. They had 3 of my favorite stores, H&M, Forever 21, and Nordstrom. We first went into H&M, where they had the most gorgeous jackets! A black tuxedo jacket. Photobucket
Photobucket Next, I found this jacket, a gold buttoned jacket, which reminded me of Michael Jackson. I didn't try it on, buy it, but i thought it was cute. After browsing H&M, Nicole and I went into Forever 21. I took a few random pictures.PhotobucketPhotobucket
Pearls where showing up everywhere! The boots I fell in love with
PhotobucketPhotobucket
These bracelets reminded me of Pretty In Pink
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Shoes and Necklaces
Next Nicole and I went into Charlotte Russe, to get me boots. I got two pairs, a heeled pair(that my dad hates) and a combat pair. Both pairs for under $50!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
And Nicole was so tempted to buy these gold heeled shoes.
Photobucket
But she said she didn't want to give Daddy a heart attack. We even picked out a disco outfit to match the shoes.
Then, we went back to H&M, I tried on a few outfits, and took pictures. And since I don't have a camera(lame!)I had to use my phone camera(even lamer!)
First, I tried on(and bought)an above the knee floral dress. Button down, and has pockets.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next, I tried on a floral tee that ties in the front(I bought that)and a light pink ruffled mini skirt(too short for school unfortunately)
Photobucket
Photobucket
I then kept the same shirt on, with two different skirts. A full black skirt, and a studded pencil skirt(bought that too)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next, I tried on a blue floral strapless dress with a cropped motorcycle jacket(got this aswell)
I loved the dress, but they where out of my size.(I couldn't even zip this because of my boobs.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then I tried on a pair of purple harem pants. They where so cozy! I thought they where cute, but I want black ones...
Photobucket
And thats my holiday in a nutshell.
I'll upload the rest of the pictures sometime this week. Hope you enjoyed.
xoxo




No comments: